The shortlist for the Melbourne Prize for Literature is out as well as the Best Writing.
The Melbourne Prize for Literature
The Best Writing Award
- Blood by Tony Birch
- Piano Lessons by Anna Goldsworthy
- The Children of the King by Sonya Hartnett
- How to Make Gravy by Paul Kelly
- The Cook by Wayne Macauley
- Outside by David McCooey
- Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett
- The Amateur Science of Love by Craig Sherborne
- Mateship with Birds by Carrie Tiffany
- The English Class by Ouyang Yu
Lisa Hill has written reviews for some of these books. Lisa’s reviews can be read on her blog, I highly recommend them. Readings has information worth reading too.